Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Book a Week in 2007: Week 3

I started reading Family Trust by Amanda Brown this week. Typically, I'm not a big fan of the period-after-every-word-for-emphasis style of writing. But here, I feel it applies: Worst. Book. Ever. Don't believe me? You can read an excerpt on Amazon.com. It reminds me of how I wrote in junior high. And I wasn't a good writer in junior high. Blame me if you want to, it's my own fault for picking up an Amanda Brown book. I liked the movie "Legally Blonde," and that's based on one of her books. I can't finish this one, but it's only Tuesday. Plenty of time to head to the library and pick up something new. Any recommendations?

I should have followed my elementary school librarian's advice (which I typically do, don't know why I strayed this time): Always read the first page before you borrow. You may decide you don't like the book at all.

No comments: