I received the Adventures of Pete and Pete DVDs for Christmas, and I've been watching all my old favorites. If you're a fan of the show, you might remember an episode called "Hard Days's Pete", where little Pete loses his favorite song, and forms a band to find it again. Of course, it's made me consider all the forms of favorite songs I've had, and all the mental mixtapes I've made over the years.
Are there any songs that give you the chills? A chord progression, a minor key, a chorus, a lyric? I've always meant to make an entire mix full of them to see if I implode. It could happen. Here are a few I've been thinking of lately:
(No particular order, of course. And I'm sure I'll think of more later.)
Jeanne, if You're Ever in Portland - Casiotone for the Painfully Alone
Midnight Radio - Cyndi Lauper with The Minus 5
Sweet Jane - The Velvet Underground
For No One - Rickie Lee Jones
The Night - Morphine
Tom Courtenay (the acoustic version with Georgia singing) - Yo La Tengo
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
you got the Pete & Pete DVDs? cool! could I borrow them? I'd return them in, like, 5 years or so...
Post a Comment